Mr Amit Chopra is the Managing Partner of Gopal Chopra & Associates. He has more than 27 years specialising in domestic and international taxation.
Mr Chopra regularly assists with the establishment of overseas ventures, co-ordinating with foreign country consultants and advising on business structures. His strengths include:
- Cross-border taxation
- India entry strategy
- Structuring of business entities
- Tax structuring mergers, acquisitions & joint ventures.
He is experienced with representation before government bodies such as:
- Income Tax Department up to Tribunal level for Search & Seizure Cases relating to Direct taxes
- Ministry of Finance, RBI, FEMA, ROC financial institutions, Import-Export Authority.
In addition, Mr Chopra helps family business owners with tax planning, asset valuations and wealth management. He contributes articles in professional journals and speaks on international taxation at seminars.
- Fellow & Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Advanced certification course in International Taxation, ICAI
- Member, Committee of the International Taxation study group of ICAI.